Sϵv϶n is a formatted text editor/simple word processor. Sϵv϶n has particular support for technical writers writing documentation for OS X applications. With its many features, Sϵv϶n is a capable application lying in the region between basic text editors and powerful word processors.
- Native file formats are RTF and RTFD.
- Can read and write Word 97, 2003 & 2007, OpenDocument and HTML formats.
- Uses the modern document model (versions, etc.) with a special “Save As” feature for pre-Lion aficionados.
- Features to assist in producing application support documentation.
- True highlighter pen.
- Live word counting.
- Correctly handles RTFD (rich text with graphics) documents under control of the Subversion (svn, 1.7+ & 1.6) and Git version control systems; other applications often tend to break version control.
- Manages OS X Versions so that documents under Subvesion or Git control are correctly updated when using OS X Revert operations.
- And more…
Sϵv϶n is localised in English, French, German and Portuguese.